vandalism at Ms Marrow's parking area

Home Forums Fly Fishing vandalism at Ms Marrow's parking area

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    joer

Ran into Ms. Marrow tonight. Someone vandalized the signs she erected in the gravel parking lot near the islands off of river road. They were bent to the ground. It occurred sometime between noon and 6PM. She was upset and mentioned putting up a fence from Spruce creek to the junkyard. I defused the situation and I think I convinced her that it was unlikely to be fisherman.
    Be on the lookout for people vandalizing, littering etc. Be respectful. Access is a fragile thing.

joer

To the point…if you see a violation of property, dumping or any other violation…get a photo of the car and license plate and call 911. Ask for the Water Conservation Officer. Or call the LJRA at 814 684 5922. We’ll notify the appropriate authorities and agencies. Ms. Morrow has graciously allowed the public use of her property. We must help protect her signs from vandals

bassman62
    Participant

Spent most of the summer and fall fishing for bass, but returned to Little J last Monday, Nov. 28 to find Mrs. Marrow’s property posted. Has it been posted since July? Any chance of reconsidering?

joer

bassman,
    It was posted about two weeks after I spoke to her, so about the middle of July.
    There is a good chance it will reopen, but the question is when. May be some good will result from the clean up in April and change her mind. We’ll see. In the meantime people should not trespass.If people don’t respect her wishes now the signs may become permanent

bassman62
    Participant

Joe,
    Thanks for your reply. I have no interest in trespassing or vandalism and will respect her right to post her property. This development is very disappointing,but I look forward to a day when we once again have access to that beautiful stretch of water with all those (unpressured) fish.
    JG

joer

On the upside, it was closed during the worst part of the summer’s low water and high(er) water temps. I will REALLY miss fishing there over the winter though. That’s my favorite winter fishing spot by far.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.