“Trout Boomer and the Little J” – New Little Juniata Book

Home Forums Fly Fishing “Trout Boomer and the Little J” – New Little Juniata Book

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bill Anderson
    Keymaster

You can find my new book at http://www.troutboomer.com (people have been asking me). There you can place an order with PayPal or a credit card. Your order will come directly to me and I will then autograph/personalize it for you and ship it out (usually same day).

Bill

Bill Anderson
    Keymaster

I plan to look for risers Wednesday afternoon (The air temp is supposed to reach 42). I have a chapter in Trout Boomer dedicated to fishing the Early Black Stonefly “hatch”.
    Bill

Anonymous
    Inactive

1. If the roads are all right, I might have to drive by, too. It would be nice to see some rising trout.

2. I hope guys on this site (and others) have purchased one of Bill’s books. It is a good read, with much to teach. Being a non-creative fly tier, I would never have come up with Bill’s CET flies — and am probably too set in my ways to tie them now. But, if I have some bad days on the J, maybe I’ll have to try. Anyhow, if you’re reading this and have not yet gotten a copy of the book, you ought to get one now.

Bill Anderson
    Keymaster

Thanks for the plug Rich, means a lot coming from you. Looks like a fishing window will open on Tuesday the 10th. I’ll be there looking for risers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, we sure had it figured wrong for yesterday. I saw the results of the ice break up flowing down the river yesterday in big chunks, probably a couple of miles long. That is something I’ve never seen before. The chunks were bank to bank, and some of the chunks were awfully big. There were some big tree limbs mixed in with the ice chunks. To my knowledge, none of this hung up anywhere on bridges or other obstructions. I wonder what happened to it when it got to the Warrior Ridge Dam. Didn’t hear anything, so maybe it moved on thru there, too.

Bill Anderson
    Keymaster

Wonder if the big sycamore in the Junk Yard bend got taken out? It would take a lot to move it far. I’ll take a look tomorrow.

Bill Anderson
    Keymaster

Big Sycamore at the junk yard moved a little toward the bank and downstream, but not much. I fished today and watched for risers while Jim and Cliff slayed the trout on nymphs right at their feet! Peeking caddis with plenty of green showing plus a size 14 black stone fly were both hot nymphs. No bugs though so I never wet a line (I did catch a couple of EBS crawling on the bridge railing…a sure sign of things to come).
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.