licence fee

Home Forums Fly Fishing licence fee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jcr

It is my tradition to purchase my license New Years morning, in almost a ceremonial-like fashion. This got me thinking about the 1.00 reduction in cost. What do you think about this?
    I think it will have a greater negative impact than a positive one. The presumed positive is that a lower fee will increase sales. The logic is based on data showing that when fees go up there is a certain attrition rate (people dropping out). This is flawed logic in IMO. The revenue loss could not be off set by increased purchases.
    If I were to try to fashion a positive, the “buzz” about the drop could spark interest. However, they didn’t do the best job publicizing this (at least not yet). May be they will run a few commercials closer to opening day like the ones they produced to promote hunting.

What say you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it is worth a try. Unlike the PGC, the PFBC does things to improve the outdoor experience and tries things to increase fish numbers, not eradicate fish as the PGC has done with deer on public land. I think trying a license reduction may influence some people to buy a license, even though the reduction is a token reduction. Still, I think the PFBC deserves a pat on the back for trying.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would beg to differ on your statement that the PAFBC does things to improve the angling experience.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.