Current conditions

Home Forums Fly Fishing Current conditions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    albatross
    Participant

The flows look to be coming back to normal finally on the Little J. I plan to fish this Friday somewhere on the lower river below the Espy farm. I expect some sulphurs, maybe some march browns. Would appreciate any firsthand reports.

lastchance
    Participant

I haven’t been fishing since Sunday so, good luck. The water was very high and fast last Saturday, but I managed a few on Sulfur duns.

jcr

The water is in great shape. I fished tuesday and thursday evening on the middle river. Sulphurs are on with a mixture of 14s and 16s. Caddis (16), MB and big yellow cahills are also out. It could be the warm weather, but the bugs are transitioning to the evening hatch. I hope the cool, rainy weather sunday-tuesday has the hatch coming earlier

lastchance
    Participant

Stayed until dark last night on the upper river. Sparse risers and I guess the spinner fall didn’t happen until dark. There wasn’t many bugs in the air, but I did see some grey foxes, Cahills, Olives, some kind of caddis, sulfurs, and even saw a few big carpenter ants that had fallen into the drink.

lastchance
    Participant

Hold your breath. The water is coming down to comfortable fishing levels.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.